in honor of today being my monday... vegan chunky monkey pancakes 😧😈yes
1/4 cup walnuts
1 tsp maple syrup
half of a pretty ripe banana, save the other half for topping
1/3 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp peanut butter 🐒
1. roughly chop the walnuts. spray a pan with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat. add the walnuts and about 1/2 tsp maple syrup. stir for 3-4 min until they’re all toasty and caramelized.
2. in a large mixing bowl, do a little halfmash of half of your banana (meaning leave some chunks if u want). add the milk, the other 1/2 tsp of maple syrup and coconut oil. give it a quick whisk.
3. add your flour and baking powder and whisk until incorporated. add the peanut butter and swirl it around just a bit. fold in the chocolate chunks and toasted walnuts, saving some on the side to garnish. let the batter sit for a few minutes.
4. spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. add an ice cream scoop full of pancake batter - if the batter spreads too much you can add more flour into the batter - if it doesn’t spread enough add more milk. let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. let it cook on the other side until done.. repeat for all the pancakes.
5. stack em on a plate, top with banana slices, the rest of the toasted walnuts, chocolate chips and drizzle with maple syrup. i also spread justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter in between !! to make my tuesday feel less like a monday👾